Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 4: Thankful

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think I might be starting to feel better. There's still tightness when I go to take a full, deep breath, but overall I feel a notch or two better than the past few days.

Food was good today. I'm definitely not as freaked out by the whole proposition as I was at first. I am, however, looking forward to trying some new recipes instead of throwing random individual foods in my bag in the morning. Dinner was most of a can of garbanzo beans and five cuties eaten in the library. I'm pretty sure I can step that up a bit.

Talking to my sister tonight put everything in perspective. She's a nurse and told me about a patient who she is pretty sure lives in a car with his girlfriend. After the patient ate dinner, his girlfriend asked if she could have half of a sandwich. My sister realized that the girlfriend hadn't eaten all day, so she went to round up as much food as she could for her.

I realize how incredibly fortunate I am that while there are so many people who don't have homes or enough to eat, I have the luxury of eating (or not eating) just about anything I want. My life is good. Very, very good. And I need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment