Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 9: Waiting...

Woke up this morning feeling MUCH better than last night. Now I'm back to my baseline of allergies and milder chest tightness instead of gasping for breath. I'm feeling more confident in my ability to navigate food without any of the forbidden stuff, although I had to look up whether bacon has sulfites in it before brunch (not as far as I could tell). My chest is still tight and my nose is stuffy, but I do feel a little better. It's not a night and day difference, but it's there. I'm just waiting a few more days to see if there are any more changes. After that I suppose it's time to add things back one by one and see what happens.

Out of nowhere I got the urge to go swimming, so I went to the gym at school and swam laps for an hour for the first time in at least a couple of years. My breathing was noticeably good. I didn't have a hard time at all. I wonder if they rhythm and the forced concentration on breathing helped. I don't know what it was, but it was great to not be aware of it for an hour or so.

Washing/changing sheets is my absolute least favorite household task. I love clean sheets, but I hate that washing and changing them takes all damn day. I'm supposed to change my sheets every week so the dust mites don't attack me in my sleep. I did it last weekend, and I did it again today, but to be honest, the only reason it happened is because I forgot there was coffee in my travel mugh and it spilled and made a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment